Monday, July 27, 2009

1 Week

Wow. My baby girl is a week old. I really can't believe its been that long since she was "Plucked" from her home in the womb and handed to me to be held and cleaned up. For now I'll use a friends idea and call her "Princess" Its crazy to think time has gone this fast... She's by far the most amazing thing to have ever happened to me in my life. Its funny how in one second life can change forever, It will NEVER be the same for me and my wife again, This thought alone took me quite a while to get used to. I've never been one to enjoy "Change" or rather, to deal with it well. I had the nervous poops for about 4-5 days and was feeling anxious about what our future held. Now that its been a week, I'm feeling great, I feel like I'm starting to get into some kind of a routine and honestly, I couldn't now, nor can I imagine how I ever did live without this "Change" of love, responsibility, and respect I have for my wife and baby. There are many other changes that have happened in my heart and mind, None of which can properly be put into words on a blog.

The first few nights in the hospital seemed to be a breeze, I guess I'd forgotten that we had a plethora of Dr's and Nurses available at any time to help us put Princess to bed and answer any questions we had. When we finally got to bring her home, we were both filled with excitement as well as nervousness. I can't even really put how I felt into words at this moment. For some reason, both Mommy and I had the idea that we'd come home and put Princess to bed in her bassinet near our bed and actually SLEEP on our comfy bed... Not the case, In fact, The opposite really. Princess decided she wanted to look around and stay up all night! We didn't sleep much at all. Night by night she is slowly getting better at sleeping, Possibly because we do as much as we can to keep her awake when she wakes during the day time.

I'm sitting at work right now, Thinking about my wife and baby girl, All I really want to do is be home with them, I don't want to be stuck here in this hell-hole, I'm actually trying to figure out why I am still here, Its a temporary job taking calls through the summer and I've been here 3 hours, Not 1 call yet! I still have a hard time concentrating and staying focused on anything. I can't wait to get out of this hell hole that I work in and get back to two things; 1) My wife and baby girl. And 2) Actually moving towards my dreams again of being a Fire/Medic.

No comments:

Post a Comment