Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Everywhere but the diaper.

I have a great wife! Now that I'm back to working everyday and our baby girl still isn't sleeping through the night, I offer several times before going to sleep to wake up and take the baby if she needs to be awake for a while. However "Empress" (My Wife) knows how much I love my sleep and never wakes me, She leaves that up to our baby. I get to spend most of my time with our girl during the evening when Mom decides she needs a nap, Although I recently slept through this encounter at 3 AM, She shared this story with me last night, It made me smile, and also wish in a strange way, that I was a part of it. Perhaps its just the story telling itself that makes me wish so.

We have a sheepskin rug next to our bed, Its nice to wake up in the morning and rub our toes on it. At some point during the night, Empress woke up both to feed and change Princess's diaper. "Being half asleep and changing diapers does not mix well" She told me in the morning. Curious, I began to wonder what had happened, and as I looked down I noticed that our sheepskin rug wasn't there anymore. Apparently, As the story was told to me; Empress, being exhausted from an already long night picked Princess up to feed her, and rock her back to sleep all without noticing that one leg of the diaper wasn't secured and it was loose. Empress put Princess back to sleep set her down in her bassinet, she felt something wet as she walked towards the bathroom to wash her hands but didn't think anything of it until she made it to the bathroom and noticed poop all over the side of her shirt, Empress then returned to the baby, picked her back up and noticed just a LITTLE bit of poop on her clothes but none on her body and none in her diaper.. This poop managed to make it ONLY onto Mom and our Sheepskin Rug as she was trying to rock Princess back to sleep.

Our rug now sits in the hallway, Folded up, We're not really sure how one gets a sheepskin rug clean, We'll most likely have to send it out.. Now Honey, I know you're probably reading this, Let me know if I have the story correct, Since I slept through this whole story, To my own knowledge I have it correct, Also... As I say each night. Feel free to wake me, Although I've also had my share of being up with Princess during the night, I'll happily do it more often. I'd love to take my turn staying up with Princess at night. Its like "Shift Work" I LOVE being a Dad and I still can't get enough of my baby girl!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment.. Its nice to know that I have a few readers who enjoy reading this blog. I try to grab the humor that I find in everyday life from being a Husband, Father and Student.

    ReplyDelete