Friday, June 12, 2009

Kobe Bryant VS Michael Jordan?

Kobe vs. Jordan: Who honestly cares? It will never happen, and if it did Jordan would win! Seriously, Go ahead, Ask Phil Jackson (Lakers Coach) Who he would rather have on his team, I doubt that he'd say Kobe. Whether you ask this question based upon individual ability and skill, ability to win and compete, or anything concerning anything involving the team or teammates... Michael Jordan wins, Hands Down! Now, I bring this up because I think Kobe Bryant has an attitude problem. In fact, Its not even so much that I hate the Lakers as I do Kobe Bryant.. Here's why:

1) People say it is unfair to compare Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan, I say Kobe brought this comparison upon himself when he changed his number from "8" to "24" saying he is "One better than Michael Jordan" who served an NBA Career under the number "23".

2) No doubt Kobe does have great talent, But he also has an attitude problem. Like the "King's" of many other sports, Take Tiger Woods for example, Who keeps winning, and I can't find a person who doesn't like him, I assume it's because of his attitude towards the game, He doesn't brag... Kobe on the other hand has been heard saying such comments as this on a regular basis "These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess" and "I'm One better than Michael Jordan"

3) Frankly, I just don't like the man.. I think he plays cheap ball and doesn't deserve a Title, Its no help that The Magic although they play very well are spoon feeding it to the Flakers this year.

4) I should also mention that I think as Kobe gets older, Lebron James gets better and better at 23 Y/O, But he has a big attitude problem as well.
Here are a few recent Statistics comparing the two players, Granted, Kobe's career isn't over yet fellas...

Percentage of 50+ point games against teams with winning records

Michael Jordan: 71%
Kobe Bryant: 35%
Record in games with 30+ shot attempts
Michael Jordan: 72-57 (.558)
Kobe Bryant: 33-43 (.434)
Percentage of points scored on two point field goals
Michael Jordan: 72%
Kobe Bryant: 59%
Career PER
Michael Jordan: 27.91
Kobe Bryant: 23.57
Highest PER season
Michael Jordan: 31.71
Kobe Bryant: 27.97
Seasons with 30+ PER
Michael Jordan: 4
Kobe Bryant: 0
Seasons with 28+ PER
Michael Jordan: 7
Kobe Bryant: 0
Seasons with 25+ PER
Michael Jordan: 12
Kobe Bryant: 3

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is that both these guy beat your team and it's funny you pick stats that just favor your argument...stick to what you know Mr. Firefighter

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My Team" You don't know what "My Team" even is, And its NOT Orlando, I just don't want to see Kobe get a championship. I think its funny that you apparently don't understand. I grabbed the stats from several sites, I could only find TWO stats with Kobe on top and they were not worth posting. Maybe you should do your research. I never said that the man isn't a great ball player, I just stated the facts, In my opinion, He's simply NOT as good as Jordan, However I also stated that his career is not over yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celeste: As a researcher, I find myself in situations every day where I have to check to see if I am "just picking stats" that produce the experimental result I was expecting.

    I'll say, Mr. Firefighter here has based his argument on good solid data. Whereas you accuse him of omitting data that would counter his argument without providing the data to disprove him! If this gentleman firefighter is pulling a little sports hyperbole and obfuscation than you had better support your hot-headed vitriolic response with some specific examples.

    ReplyDelete