Monday, June 15, 2009

Officer Down!

I have driven past a billboard several times in my recent journeys and travels with my wife and one billboard in particular managed to always catch my eye. It is a billboard that was posted by The State Highway Patrol, The billboard, Used to grab peoples attention about drunk driving always caught my eye and a good laugh thinking of what someone could do with such a billboard.

I grew up playing several pranks which shall remain un-named for now on the general public with a few of my close friends, and I can't help but think, that back in our rebel days, This is exactly something that we would certainly talk about doing and unfortunately, we never actually got around to doing anything this big.


Above is a picture of the billboard titled "I see you Drunk Driver" It has a mannequin on the top, Dressed in Highway Patrol clothing... It has always been obvious to me that this particular guy would be subject to some kind of genius prank, and or vandalism as he was fully dressed in Highway Patrol Gear, First his badge, his cap and his clothes were stolen. Possibly a disgruntled driver who received a ticket, or a teenage kid looking for the opportunity to play the prank of a lifetime. As I stated earlier, It began when trooper was violated by having all of his clothing stolen, Highway Patrol then replaced the said clothing and bolted the trooper down to keep him there. It couldn't be done... Our friendly drunk driving trooper was shang-hai'd and taken completely off the billboard despite Highway Patrol's efforts to bolt him down.


Above is what is left of the billboard, Highway Patrol has no intent of re applying the trooper. Who I ask, is left to watch for Drunk Drivers?? Whomever it be.. I say Props to the guys who had the balls to take this trooper down! ..... I also have to laugh at the fact that UHP has handed some punk 2 free Highway Patrol Uniforms... Ah, The things that could be done!! Hands Down, Hilarious!

Source: http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=6827241

2 comments:

  1. Ha! That seems exactly like something we would do... in fact I am pretty sure you did it. Who else would?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could claim such a great feat! These guys are truly Genius! I laughed quite often while looking at it knowing it was going to happen, and it was certainly something that we would have done!

    ReplyDelete