Friday, June 5, 2009

Dumpster Diving

On a quick side note: A friend of mine sent me a picture that I have to share, Its similar to my last post regarding how the Male Penis looks like a monkey's face while in Cross-Section. This picture he sent me is of the Female reproductive system in Cross-Section. It looks like Strongbad. He made it himself, and I laughed my butt off. This should help me as well. Thanks for sending it to me Sam! I hope you don't mind that I shared it.
Moving on to my original post for the day, I went for a run last evening at about 7, It had been a really rough day and I was feeling the pressure, I left my wife the keys and took my phone which is also my MP3 Player, My idea was to run as far as I could until I got exhausted hoping to take my mind off the pressures of work, school, and providing for my family, On my way though, I ran past a suburban townhome community and saw several teenagers dumpster diving for their own form of "Gold". I tried to stop and take a picture but when I was seen they scurried away pretty quickly. This did remind me of a simpler time when my friends and I used to go dumpster-diving on a regular basis. Here are just a few of the gems that we found in local dumpsters.

1: We had a Frito-lay factory just a few miles from where we grew up, The "Chip Dump" as we called it always held gems for us, From packages of uneaten "Oh Boy Oberto" Beef Jerky, To Cases of unopened Tostitos Salsa, and an endless supply of expired chips of all kinds. Never had to buy chips during our time living there. In fact, We actually filled up our High School locker with these chips and made a few bucks every now and again hacking them off to teachers and students..

2: We found a dumpster filled to the top with K-Mart brand Sugar free sodas in every flavor. We quickly started diving here and filled the back of my buddies Honda CRX as high as we could with soda, then we gave them out for free at school the following days becase we couldnt' drink enough alone.

3: The Twinkie Factory.. We tried this one a few times and were almost never successful until one day we managed to find a bunch of Ho-Ho's and Twinkies at a distribution center..

4: Thinking of a time when I had to dumpster dive on my mission, One Elder had accidentally thrown away another elder's backpack, We weren't able to find it, but we did find a bag filled with all kinds of free coupons for dinners, so we split them up and ate for free for nearly 2 weeks.

There are plenty more stories I could share, But most involve the "Chip Dump"... Seeing a group of teens dumpster-diving made me laugh

2 comments:

  1. Originally I wanted to use a samurai mask in the comparison, like this: (click here), but Hilary pointed out the resemblance to Strong Bad. I liked it, and I'm glad you thought it was funny, too.
    Also, good times with the dumpster diving. I want a shirt with that DD logo on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Know. I wonder where we could find one, I managed to find this picture online and thought it was great!

    ReplyDelete