Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"It looks like a Monkey's Face"

I'm currently in the process of again taking Anatomy and Physiology, I find this stuff absolutely fascinating, The things that the Human body is capable of and the way that it works will always fascinate me. I am only in competition with myself to score the highest grades possible, Although I recenlty performed very poorly after taking one of my Exams that I had spent a minimum of 25 hours memorizing and studying for. Oh well, I hope and pray to do better in the future and I had to get that off of my chest via this "cheap form of therapy" that I have taken up in blogging...

In other news, We recently reviewed The Male and Female Reproductive System, and my professor who I've really come to hate made us all laugh by posting a picture that I doubt I will ever forget onto the overhead cam. In reality, He's 100% correct, I don't know exactly where he got the picture from because it's not in any of our study books, and he claims that he doesn't remember either, but he has kept it around for a while. "The Male Penis, while in cross-section view, Looks very much like a Monkey's Face" He stated while posting this picture to the overhead cam.
I've come to the conclusion that he is correct, Upon viewing this, I had a good laugh, The similarities of a "Monkey's Face" and the "Penis in cross-section" are in fact, Very Similar! This no doubt should help me remember the mico anatomy layout of a cross-sectioned Male Penis.

6 comments:

  1. Nice! I don't know if you've seen it, but I have the exact same picture on my facebook page. I received the image from my old anatomy/physiology professor at USU, Andy Anderson. Are you taking his classes, or does some other anatomy professor out there actually have this picture?
    And do you really hate his classes? I thought he was a great instructor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I forgot you had this picture on your facebook! I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology from Dr. Shively at UVU. I asked him to Email me this picture. I'm sure they know each other. I actually really enjoy the class, My only problem with him is that he's also a Psychologist so he writes his tests with all kinds of trick questions and thrives on making his students take his class multiple times... True Story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Third time's a charm.
    For a helpful comparison of the female reproductive system, click here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm currently enrolled and trying to decide what grade you have can either be depressing or...depressing. Finals are looming. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. Good Luck Babylon, I've been there! In the end I was happy. Thanks for stumbling upon my blog and commenting!

    ReplyDelete