Thursday, August 27, 2009

Texting and Driving

Man: I used to text and drive ALL THE TIME, I never thought anything would happen. Thinking back, I'll admit to it, I have in the past been driving while texting. Most of the time the conversations I was holding were stupid and things that could have waited anyway. 80% of the time that I'm texting anyone its usually my wife. My life has changed bunches in the past few weeks thanks the responsibilty of being a Parent and I think about my wife and daughter all the time. As an EMT I've been to a few crashes revolving around texting. Its a problem everywhere. I know that my state has recently vamped up the charges that come against anyone who is texting and driving at the same time. A good call I say.

I recently ran across this video when I googled texting and driving... This video hit home for me, I used to drive this highway on a frequent basis while I was growing up with a few of my close buddies late at night while we were on our way to sit in some hot pots and enjoy each others company.

This is a 15 minute video, But I really think its worth the watch. It takes a lot to grab and keep my attention, However this video did just that, and left an impression long enough for me to decide to share.



Be safe out there guys, Make a change, Don't text while driving, Those things can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment