Thursday, August 6, 2009

Adventures in Parenting, Fatherhood

I sit here at my computer trying to stay focused and working, I'm quite tired. As a Father, I don't have the shall we say "Goods" to feed my baby girl, So I don't have to wake up every time she is hungry to feed her, I can generally stay comfortable and sometimes even sleep right through a night feeding. I make up for this time every few days when Princess decides she doesn't want to go to sleep, Take last night for example, Princess had just finished feeding at 1 AM and didn't want to go back to sleep, Empress had already been awake feeding her for the last 45 minutes, so I took my turn playing with my daughter. The first 15 minutes are great every time because she's just eaten and is happy, I place her between my legs looking back at me, and we have some Daddy Daughter time. When she gets fussy, I pick her up and start making the rounds, I have no idea how many laps I make at night walking from one side of our apartment to the other but it keeps my girl comfortable and happy until she can fall asleep again so I don't mind doing it one bit. (Maybe I should get a step counter) We walked from 1:15 until 2:45 AM when she finally fell back to sleep. I had a great post filled with humor that I was thinking about as we were pacing back and forth, Then I fell asleep and I can't remember it much anymore.

During our walking time last night, I went to change her diaper, As I was doing this I didn't really think too much about making sure that she was done pooping, I simply stuck my finger in the side of her diaper to see if she was wet or poopy as we were walking and my finger came out dirty, So we headed to our changing station and I began my duties. As soon as I removed her diaper, She pooped again, (Now: These are baby poops) Baby poops have a watery consistency, It splattered all over our changing station, washing machine, mirrors and a few other surrounding structures, Laughing, but trying not to wake my sleeping wife in the room next door, I cleaned up and laughed at the thought of this now happening to me because it had already happened to Empress once before.

My wife Empress and I are learning parents and we love every minute of it. We couldn't possibly love our baby girl more, Nor could we possibly be a happier family at the moment. I firmly believe in Karma, I think that if someone does good in the world around them that good will return to them. Princess has been sleeping very well during the night, However I'm afraid that Empress and I may have jinxed ourselves by boasting about how well she sleeps, Instead of the 4-5 hours of nightly sleep we've been boasting about, Last night we only got about 2 at a time, Still... I wouldn't change it for the world! I've never felt this way before. Fatherhood is amazing. As far as my cussing is going from the last post, I think I'm doing well, With one exception, I went golfing with a buddy of mine and I didn't play well... I'll leave the rest up to the imagination. I must admit though: I don't think that time on the golf course should count.

No comments:

Post a Comment