Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Words to my daughter:

Dear Brooklynn: Its Dad... I'm terrible at keeping any kind of a journal and I probably never will take the time to write my thoughts down, Life is short and precious, I'm not sure what it is that I really want to say, but I feel like I should have some kind of a record of my thoughts: I guess this blog will have to do for now: I just wanted to say a few things, Firstly I'm so glad that I have you in my life. With a year having come and gone I can't believe how fast you are growing up! Its been more fun than I could ever attempt to put into words watching you grow and learn. All the way from rolling over to running outside I've been there, laughing and smiling. Now you've got a huge vocabulary for a 13 month old girl and I can't stop smiling when you're around. Last night you kept me awake until 1 AM but I didn't mind a bit, You were really tired but being your stubborn self  (I think you get that from me) wouldn't go to sleep, so you stayed on my lap and watched TV with me until you finally fell asleep. Its the small things like this that make my day. I haven't been able to play with you as much as I'd have liked these past few months as I've been upstairs studying and reading but it always made my day when you'd come upstair and poke your head through the door saying "Daddy!"
 
Now that I'm done with the tough part I'll be around to play with you more than a few hours a day, and I couldn't be more excited about it! We're not out of the woods yet: The toughest part is going to come in a few weeks when I move to Utah for my internship while you and Mom stay here, Financially it makes the most sense but I'm not looking forward to being without you two girls: Soon enough I'll be completely done with all of this and I'll be home to play with you and watch you grow more often than not. You're my inspiration for all of this, The more I learn the better I feel and realize that being your daddy is the biggest blessing I've ever been given.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Derek, this is just beautiful!
    I have 13 month old daughter myself and it's a real joy to see how she grows and learns new stuff everyday. I've a second one coming along in January! :)

    themetrodad.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete