Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Medic School DONE

I finally finished paramedic school, That is to say at least, I finished the school part of paramedic school. The steps toward becoming a paramedic consist of 3 parts, 1) Didactic which is the school part where we sit through lectures and are taught the skills needed for paramedicine, 2) Clinicals where we spend time working in the Emergency Room starting IV's, working Codes, and getting exposure to sick patient, and finally 3) The Ambulance Internship which consists of a minimum 480 hours in an advanced life support ambulance running calls and making patient contacts under the supervision of another licensed paramedic preceptor...

I can't express how relieved I am to finally be done with the didactic portion of paramedic school, I feel like I finally have time to hang out with my wife and play with my daughter. I feel like she's been growing up while I have been sitting here, reading out of a 3000 page medical book and attempting to retain as much information as I possibly could.

I'll admit, I've been neglecting this blog for a while, Now that I am starting my clinical rotations I hope to be able to share some of the stories that I'll have from clinicals and my internship before I take the test and become a Nationally Registered Paramedic. Keep in mind that for privacy concerns, I will be changing some things up such as names, etc but the stories that I'll be sharing will ultimately remain the same.

STAY TUNED, This blog is about to receive a face lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment