Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Smiles and Sales

Every once in a while, Life presents itself to you with a little gift, Something that without a doubt will make you smile. For the most part and the last year of my life or so,  Life has presented me with smiles through my daughter. Brooklynn turned 1 a few weeks ago and I can't believe how fast the time has gone. It blows my mind how quickly she's grown and how much she is learning. She already knows so many words, "Bottle" "Daddy" "Mama" "Diaper" "Kitty Cat" "Doggie" etc. She also knows several things in sign... In a world where I currently spend lots of time stressing about completing paramedic school, studying, and my work schedule, She always manages to make me forget the stress and puts a giant smile on my face.

Now; I could go on for hours about the many reasons why, but this time, A new and completely unexpected thing put a smile on my face... In a few short months from now, I'll have to leave my wife and daughter behind for 6-10 weeks as I plug out my paramedic internship with Provo City Fire back in Utah. I've got lots of hopes for how things will work out in the end, However one thought that's going to help me deal with not having my two girls around me is ultimately my other 2 favorite things in the world: Fire/EMS, and Skiing. 

So what you ask about this brought a smile to my face recently? Well, Once in a while you find a deal that just can't be passed up, a GREAT deal! I found such a deal recently when I was out shopping with my wife for some nice used stuff. What I found were 2 pairs of ski boots at an AMAZING deal. (I wish I could divulge the details here, But I'll keep them to myself) first, A pair of Lange Super Blaster's and second; A pair of Dalbello Krypton Cross ski boots imported from Italy. I've read several different reviews of each product and both seem great to me, However one thing that I haven't been blessed with is the ability to choose things. (And my wife hates it because I dont' like to make any decisions). Both pairs of boots are equally comfortable, So; I'm throwing this decision out to the crowd. Let me know what you think.

The Lange Super Blaster Boots are built with a new 102mm last and were developed by scanning tens of thousands of feet. By utilizing Lange foot scanning technology to provide an anatomically correct last, which works in conjunction with the see through orange shell design. Perhaps my favorite feature is the buckle that allows two way motion via a cable for walking and standing mode. This boot is designed for Advanced to Expert skiers and has 4 buckles where they Dalbello only has 3.
  
The Dalbello boot offers a more versatile adjustability with smooth and progressive forward flex dynamics, A softer flexing tongue and “landing gear” anti-shock footboards.  This boot's heel retention offers three buckle technology, as opposed to the traditional four locking the heel in place. There is no walk or stand mode in this boot.

Ultimately, I think my mind is already made up in just the writing of this post, However, I'd still like to kno what you think, Has anyone ridden either boot that can offer up some thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment