Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Was It Toothpaste?

I met with a man at the bus stop the other day and we began to chat about our lives. Both of us new fathers of beautiful young girls we chatted about the joys of fatherhood and how life can often times throw us a curve ball and send us in a completely different direction than we first anticipated. Our conversation flowed smoothly and it seemed as though we were almost speaking with ourselves. One topic of conversation struck me as blog worthy:

As we talked about our morning and nightly routines, I mentioned that it was usually my duty to stay up late with my baby girl and rock her to sleep, I think it only fair given that I don't have "The goods" to wake up and feed her a few times a night and I usually sleep right through feedings.

"I understand just what you mean, I also put my baby to sleep at night", In fact, He recalled: The other night as I had just finished rocking my baby to sleep so I stumbled up the stairs in the dark, I didn't want to turn any lights on for fear that she might wake up so I stumbled around and finally put her in her crib, at this point my wife was fast asleep and I didn't want to wake her either, so I stumbled my way into the bathroom still dark to brush my teeth and I grabbed the small toothpaste tube out of our travel bag and squeezed it onto my toothbrush and began brushing, It wasn't long before I realized that the foam that usually tastes decent in my mouth had an extremely unfamiliar taste to me, So I turned on the lights and I realized that I had accidentally placed my wife's vaginal itching cream on my toothbrush, I spit it out immediately and started gagging before I could manage to find the toothpaste and listerine to rinse my mouth clean of the chalky aftertaste.

I was about to laugh my butt off but then I realized that he might not yet find the story to be funny, so I held in my laughter until after our converstaion was through.

For those of you who know me, You probably know that I don't ride a bus and by now may have figured out that it was and is in fact ME who put my wife's itching cream on my toothbrush and rubbed it around in my mouth for a while before realizing what had just happened. I figured the story would sound more entertaining from the point of another person so I fictionalized a small story. However at this point now that the chalky aftertaste is gone and I didn't end up with some kind of infection or sickness I do laugh my butt off thinking about it.

1 comment:

  1. Dude. Just... no. NASTY! Yep, that is probably one of the most hilarious stories I have ever heard. I told it to my coworkers just now. Reminds me of the Jeff Foxworthy sketch:

    "Dear PreperationH,

    I ate this whole damn bottle, and my hemorrhoids still haven't gone away. My mouth is so small, I can't even eat a jelly bean. But, I sure can whistle good!"

    ReplyDelete