Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Smell Hell

Frack! Tina has cooked Popcorn in the breakroom AGAIN! Doesn't she understand that she is permeating this entire store with the smell of a movie theater? Why is she oblivious to the fact that other employees work and break here as well as the discreet comments from customers shopping in the area? Sure, She offers everyone within a whispers distance a few popper kernels, but it drives me crazy! I believe that Microwave Popcorn should be banned from the employee breakroom, and even the workplace all together *That is unless you work in a Movie Theater*

I decided to do something about it: I slipped an anonymous note in Tina's work mailbox, "Microwave Popcorn Stinks Up The Workplace" Tina was silent for about 10 work days, I don't know about the time when I wasn't at work; However I know this: The workplace was Popcorn Free, I couldn't have been happier with my silent attempt to stop this problem...
11 Days later, I had a note in my inbox; "You have bad breath, LOL"



... The Popcorn is back!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    I know what you mean about the torture of pop-corn smell...

    What TRULY smells like the bowels of Hell is when someone BURNS popcorn! X-P

    Burning Pop-Corn is an almost unpardonable offense in office world.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 Things:
    1. Frack?
    2. I like the way popcorn smells.
    3. You may want to start using Scope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam:
    3 Things:
    1) Frack: Yes, A word that I picked up from our old buddy Matt, I don't know why it came out in this post because I don't use it on a regular basis.
    2)I also like the smell of popcorn, But not when it permeates the breakroom and makes my sandwich taste like buttered kernals.
    3) I use Listerine, I like it, and Tina later approached me to let me know that she knew it was me since I am the only one who ever complains about the smell, She decided it would be funny to get me back that way since she saw me brushing my teeth in the break room after eating a mexican dinner once. LOL

    ReplyDelete