Monday, January 11, 2010

The "O"Decade

There has been some argument going on about what we are going to call the last 10 years, I was born in the early 80's and spent a childhood growing in the 90's but the decade that I will remember the most will most certainly be ____? What are we to call the last decade? If I were to submit my two cent's; I'm going to call it "The 0's" ("Oh's as in O-One, and 0-Two etc) So: The decade that I will remember the most will most certainly be the O's.

The O's started out with a fear of catastrophe as all of the worlds computers turned back to "00" in the year 2000, I didn't pay much attention to the matter because I always knew that nothing much would happen and we'd pull through. The 2000 party was a fun and good one, Watching the clock turn into a brand new millennium is not something that a lot of people are able to watch and I feel lucky to have done so, Both of these are stories that I will certainly share with my family and kids every time a New Year rolls around.

I spent the first few years of the 0's in High School finishing out my Junior and Senior year until Graduation in 2002. The stories I could share from High School are endless, I spent my years in High School thinking that having "Fun" was much more important than grades or anything else, A choice that I came to soon regret.

I spent two of these years on an LDS Mission in Ohio and Kentucky, (2003-2005) This helped me to reach my full potential I think as I spent time knocking on doors and providing as much service as humanly possible at every moment.

In January of 2006 I was married to my wife Amy and we've now spent the last 4 years of our lives living and learning together, We moved and lived in Brisbane Australia while she studied at The University of Queensland, Meanwhile I searched for work and got to know the area very well. 4 years passed quickly as we both went to and graduated from the various school programs that we were enrolled in. We moved 6 times in 4 years and with every move got an idea of what we want in our own home someday.

Finally in 2009 we welcomed a beautiful girl who we named Brooklynn into our lives and she's been putting smiles on our faces everyday since July: That's what the last decade has brought for me; I look forward to what the "10's" will hold for my family, We're beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, With this new decade we'll both start careers of our own, purchase a home, and expand our family, We are looking forward to the unknown adventures as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment