Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Year & Bluetooth PTSD

Its the last minutes of The year 2009, Its also been months since I logged onto my blog let alone posted anything, Not that nothing interesting has happened, I guess its just that I decided I'd rather spend my time with my family and spend a little less time blogging.

My wife and I had a date night last night and watched Julia and Julie. That movie got me thinking about my blog and made me want to start posting again, Regardless of the amount of readers that I have I find it soothing to sit down and attempt to put the thoughts and actions of my life into words. Although, If you are a reader, I'd love to hear from you, Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

A few thoughts: As stated, My mission in this blog was to find humor in life. Here is a recent experience I had with a married couple.

I met a couple who were not shy at all about sharing with me the insights of their life: We shall call them Maggie and Steve, Maggie had just overcome a battle with Agoraphobia when her husband Steve returned from Afghanistan. The Doctor's didn't know why Steve would randomly talk to himself, (Possibly Post Tramatic Stress Disorder?) However he chalked it up as a byproduct of the war. Margaret felt that the universe was testing her: Although she never actually saw it happen, she often imagined of the derisive stares and stifled laughter people made at her and her husband as they strolled through town. She was about to succumb to her old fears until she found a broken blue-tooth earpiece in the road. She picked it up dusted it off and gave it to Steve. Careful not to hurt his feelings, She kindly asked him to wear it out when they were in public... I really wouldn't have even noticed these things had they not felt the need to share with me. Still, The thought made me laugh.
There's a married couple that finds a way through a tough time with humor.


The thought also made me think about my own life.. I have it lucky, A beautiful wife and baby girl, A good job, and a good school. In my last post I mentioned that I had to do nothing more than put my faith in God and the future, I even mentioned that in our family Christmas cards. At any rate, Things have finally worked out for me and my family. I am beginning Paramedic school as originally planned in 2 weeks and I can't wait to share the adventures of this life with you all.

I've also decided to give up my anonymity. I figure that the only reason I had it in the first place was to protect the privacy of people and incidents that I might choose to blog about working as a Firefighter / Medic Student, I suppose I also worried about future employers reading my blog and thinking that I had no sense of patient confidentiality should I choose to blog about any particular scene that I come upon as a Firefighter / Medic student, However since all the names are changed, I really don't think I have much to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment