Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Faith in the future...

Faith in the future...
I suppose these days that this is my pathetic attempt at a journal, My "Therapy" if you will; I don't bother to keep a real one, and I don't think that I have many true readers of this blog. However, recently it seems all that I have been able to do, is place my faith in my God, do my best, and have faith in the future.

Chances are that if you've bothered to continue reading past this point, that you either know me very well, Or you are like me and you wonder what people think and what people do when faced with certain challenges, an insight to one's personal life if you will. I may choose to delete this post in the future but for now its an insight into my thoughts.

"Faith is to hope for things which are not seen" "To have faith is to have confidence in something or someone" "Faith is a principle of action and of power" These are just a few simple quotes that I've chosen to apply to everyday life. In my own personal life, I catch myself often wondering why things happen and answers are nowhere to be seen. As blogged about in an earlier post, I moved my family out to California so that I could start going to Paramedic school, that is until my student loans fell through.... During this move my wife and I have been living with my in-laws who have been generous enough to help us through a hard time, we exhausted all of our money in the move and its been a tough job market. I recently got a sweet job working for a company that I have always enjoyed being a part of with hopes of being able to pay off some of our debts and get back on our feet but its not at all close to living my dreams, its not even remotely in the same field.

I've chosen a career which at times seems almost impossible, Recent statistics show that available jobs vs applicants are at minimum 100 to 1 right now, Looking back on it all, I don't think that I could ever imagine myself doing anything else, I'm happy being a firefighter, It is all that I have ever wanted to be and do, I started volunteering when I was in High School and since then I have taken all kinds of measures to further my own education and career opportunities.

This brings me back to my point, All I can do at this point is have faith in the future, None of us know what the future holds for us, To get myself to this point I have exhausted all my available money and put my family into a higher amount of debt than we would like to be in, but I sit here in the middle of the night asking myself if its all worth the cause that we're hoping for in the end... The only answer that I have to that question I keep on posing is YES!!! It has to be worth it. While I am being careful to enjoy the present and not live for the future entirely; I've got faith set on the future, I don't know what it holds for me, but I know if I continue to give it my all, that something will work itself out, It always has, It's that faith in both God and the future that keeps me going through rough times. I have a simple faith that as long as I continue to do what I'm supposed to do and I keep trying that I'll reach my dreams and I'll be able to look myself in the mirror and be the Father and Husband that I feel like I should be: The kind of man I've seen my own Dad be throughout my life as challenges come and go.

"And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore all things must be done in order" -Mosiah 4:27, The Book of Mormon.

For me, That "Prize" seems to be a full time professional job as a firefighter, and the ability to live my dreams. I should note that I am an extremely lucky man, I have a wonderful wife to whom I owe a huge Thanks who stands by my side and supports me 100% in the decisions that we make as a family and I have a baby girl who brings more joy than either of us could have ever imagined and I consider myself to be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment