Friday, September 23, 2011

The Pipe

Its been a while since I've taken the time to sit and blog about anything- Its not that life hasn't been treating me particualrly well, Mostly its that I've been preoccupied with other things that I've felt were more important and writing has taken a distant second to anything else:
 I finally received a letter allowing me to test for National Paramedic Licensure and I couldn't be more stoked about the opportunity, However, I couldn't be more nervous either.. I'm sitting here at work, Its nearly 2 AM and I've got 6 more hours in my shift, I just started a new job that I plan on keeping until the opportunity to become a professional Firefighter Paramedic comes along for me. Currently I'm working for the State with troubled youth, and the bonus to working the Graveyard shift is that I have PLENTY of time to study and prepare for the NREMT skills and written exam...
 I've also had the opportunity to be a part of a paid-call fire department where I have kept up my skills and hopefully learned a thing or two about life and emergency scene management. So: What's new? Why did I decide to sit down and write an entry that doesn't have much of a point into a blog that virtually nobody reads... Honestly, Its because I got an email asking me to post a few guest articles from a Paramedic recruitment site online based out of the UK and it reminded me that I've even got a blog. Now; I'm not much of a writer but I figure its time I get my thoughts back down on paper...

Here goes nothin...(You really haven't missed out on much) Sitting and reflectin on what to write is a bit beyond me, Its been 10 MONTHS since I last posted and for the most part those months have been great, Brooklynn (my daughter) turned 2 and we celebrated her birthday, She wakes me up with a kiss on the cheek every morning and its my favorite part of the day.. My two best friends moved on to bigger and better things, Both of them now carry the name of "DR" with them everywhere they go and landed jobs that are seemingly perfect, My congrats go out to them! I hope to join you guys sometime soon, Not that I'll ever bear the name of "Dr" but simply that I hope to be living my dreams and working as a full time Paramedic, Firefighter.. The new job is great, and I've got to get back to studying for that NREMT exam, I might as well use the time I've got... I'll attempt to write more quality posts and share stories soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment